Erev Shabbat Service – Faces of October 7th


February 16, 2024    
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm

Event Type

Join us for a special Shabbat service beginning at 6:00pm, followed by a conversation with Gal Cohen-Solal who will share a firsthand account of the events that took place on October 7, 2023. Gal, a 37-year-old father of three is from Kibbutz Reim. On October 7, he was at his house when over 60 terrorists entered the Kibbutz. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be served during the talk, which will conclude around 7:30pm.

In the aftermath of the tragic events that unfolded in Israel on October 7, a wave of misinformation has inundated discussions, social media platforms, and various online outlets. This surge in misinformation is largely attributed to the reliance on secondary sources, where reports and articles are disseminated by individuals who have gleaned information from other reports and articles.

Recognizing the need for accurate and firsthand accounts, we are hosting a special guest flying in from Israel to Kansas to provide “Faces of October Seventh” first-hand account to serve as a beacon of truth, dedicated to bringing the authentic narratives of those directly affected by the terrorist attacks to all.

For almost 30 hours, Gal and his family hid in a safe room while the terrorists attempted to break into his house and kept shooting at him and his family. During this time there was an ongoing standoff between the terrorists and security forces right outside his window. Gal will be joining us in person to share his account of events that took place on that fateful day.

This event is open to all the entire community. Please come and bring along friends and neighbors.

Gal Cohen-Solal is 37 years old from Kibbutz Reim. He is married to Ayana and the father of three lovely children. He is the general manager of the cosmetic company “Jojoba Hatserim -JH”. On October 7 he was at his house in Kibbutz Reim. Almost 60 terrorists entered the Kibbutz and hundreds more outside the Kibbutz. Gal and his family have been inside the safe room for close to 30 hours. The terrorists tried to break into their house and when they didn’t succeed they shot at the door and a bunch of shots at the window into the house. In addition, there was a shootout between the terrorists and the security forces from the kibbutz near the house.